Now that the pandemic restrictions have reduced, we want to once again get the centre open for everyone to benefit. We are looking for volunteers who can support the community centre including:-
- Opening up/locking up the building for community activities, including setting up rooms for meetings
- Opening the Community Launderette to provide access to an affordable service.
- Assisting in the New To You community shop helping people save money locally and access affordable household items.
- Caring for the car park and garden, including sweeping, weeding and basic garden tasks.
- Litter Picking in the wider area.
- Supporting Community Coffee mornings.
- Digital Buddies to open the IT suite for the public to access to allow people to access the internet for free or complete some basic training to gain skills.
- *Supporting the toddler group, from welcoming people, setting up, cleaning etc.
- *Supporting the holiday activities for families with food, crafts and more.
Volunteers will receive access to training, support and experience to help build your CV. Along with the great feeling that comes from helping others.
Ask for more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or message our Facebook Page @LBJForum or click here to sign up and someone will get in touch https://lbjforum.co.uk/register-as-a-volunteer/
*Some roles require a DBS check for which the LBJ Forum will cover the cost.